The Voiceboxx Group (VBX) and all subsidiaries including Voiceboxx Communications Ltd, Voiceboxx Events Ltd and A & J Consulting (Midlands) Ltd are committed to complying with all applicable data privacy and security including, but not limited to, the EU General Protection Regulation (GDPR).
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, the data controller is A&J Consulting Ltd also trading as Voiceboxx.
This policy only applies to our website and includes an overview of offline data security as well. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Data we collect
We collect the following categories of personal data for marketing and business development purposes through contact forms on our website as well as offline channels:
- We may collect information about data subjects such as name, email address, phone number, etc. in order to communicate and facilitate the provision of our services with our clients or potential clients. This may include contact details of individuals who work for or on behalf of the clients.
- Voiceboxx may collect information to respond to enquiries regarding our products and services or to provide you with information, reports, or updates.
- When you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit such as your IP address and the pages you visited and when you use our services we may collect information on how you use those services.
Clients and other third parties who provide personal information to Voiceboxx must do so in compliance with applicable data privacy regulations.
Processing of personal data
We collect personal data in order to deliver our services and products. The data you provide to us will be processed in accordance with the purposes specified in this policy:
- To provide the products or perform the services requested by clients and individuals pursuant to a letter of engagement, statement of work, or similar (where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests in conducting and managing our business)
- To provide the products or perform the services requested by clients and individuals using our website or web applications where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests in conducting, managing and developing our business.
- For complying with laws, current regulations and legislation where processing is based on a legal obligation.
- For legitimate business purposes to advise you through email, phone call, or post, in the framework of our ordinary commercial relationship, about other products or services similar to the products or services we have already delivered to you and that we think will be of interest to you where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
- For marketing purposes. Your details are securely stored. If you have consented, you will receive communications including updates, newsletters and event invitations, which we think are relevant to your interests. Your details will not be given to 3rd parties. In all communications, you will be provided with a link to unsubscribe and you are able to unsubscribe at any time. Additionally, you may send a request to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. When we send you email communications, we may use a technology which enables us to track opens and clicks. This helps us to understand which issues are of most interest and helps us improve our service to you by ensuring you continue to receive useful information. It also helps us comply with data protection law, to ensure that the information we hold about you is correct.
- For security purposes. For example, we may use your data to protect Voiceboxx against security breaches and to prevent fraud and violation of Voiceboxx applicable agreements where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
Whenever we process your personal data for our legitimate interests, we make sure to consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection laws. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish.
How data is processed
Personal data is processed both manually and electronically in accordance with the above-mentioned purposes and in compliance with current regulations. We permit only authorised Voiceboxx employees to have access to your information. Such employees are appropriately designated and trained to process data only according to the instructions we provide them.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
These analytics packages allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. To find out more about cookies and how to delete them, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts, or utilise all of the functionality, of our site.
Storage of personal data (offline)
Voiceboxx will retain personal data offline for a reasonable period, taking into account legitimate business needs to capture and retain such information. This information will only be kept securely on authorised PCs and through the protected data storage section of our server. Online storage of personal data through Google Analytics and WhoIsVisiting is outlined above.
Disclosure/sharing of personal data
- We share personal data among Voiceboxx controlled affiliates and subsidiaries who act for the Group for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Voiceboxx may share your information with external third parties, such as vendors, consultants and other service providers who are performing certain services on behalf of the Group. Such third parties have access to personal data solely for the purposes of performing the services specified in the applicable service contract, and not for any other purpose Voiceboxx requires these third parties to undertake security measures consistent with the protections specified in this notice.
- Voiceboxx may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If Voiceboxx enters into a joint venture with or is merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners.
As a Data Subject you have the following rights concerning your data processed by the Voiceboxx Group:
- You have the right to access personal information that the Group holds about you.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify information that the Group holds about you if it is inaccurate or not complete.
- You can request that Voiceboxx erase your personal data. We will keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
- You have the right to ask Voiceboxx to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future.
- Where processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to Voiceboxx processing your data. The Group will discontinue processing your data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. We will keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
Please contact email@example.com to request access, rectification, or erasure, or to restrict processing, to object to processing, to request data portability.
Providing information to Voiceboxx
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, it may be an impediment to the exchange of information necessary for the execution of the contract or provision of services to you and we may not be able to provide you with some services and you may not be able to participate in some of the activities on our website(s).
Identity and contact details of controller and Privacy Manager
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact: Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to FAO Privacy Administrator, Voiceboxx, 16 Regent Place, Birmingham, B1 3NJ. Tel: 0121 667 2728